One person’s assessment.
In a young area such as near Olean, where people are disgruntled and myopic, the workers will be paid minimum wage, thus you have to pinpoint an intelligent entrepreneur – who realizes that the quality of his employees will break his enterprise. If you find an honestly good restaurant, you will absolutely also discover impeccable employees.
Beef and Barrel, Hostaga (now gone), Moonwinks, Bona Club House – fantastic feels but only revisited by psychopaths or senior citizens who lost so much taste bud, sight, and olfactory to choke anything down. Staggering experiences at Moonwinks and Hostaga. As to the clubhouse, even the operators publicly condemn it.
Forced to go cheap for dining. So do:
1. Mariachi on the Main Street of Olean (though wings may be fatty and maybe possibly only lightly cooked, and municipal bleach water). Fantastic place. Good people.
2. Lakeview (the vegetables are often nasty(spoiled) there but you might depend on the strip-chicken, and broccoli; sauces watered infrequently). The people there are quite good, though the regular waitor has occasionally loudly been hocking phlegm!
3. Tastee Twirl (now gone/changed). You have to hand it to them – impeccable staff and place.
4. Sprague’s. There has been no let-down there, ever. A smidgeon artificial on the decoration.
5. And if you want to travel, one of the most impressive restaurants in the region is Julie’s, on main street in Springville; a robust ethnic Italian enterprise. Pizza with anchovies, peanutbutter pies, staff movement – incredible (although, another time, our sharp and nice waitress was travestiously incapacitated with amnesia, and I recall there might have been uncontrolled AC in summer).
6. Perkins is actually a fine place too, with a cool-as-pie staff who appear career despite indentured servitude of minimum wage.